Whoa, it's been too long since I've checked in. Let's get to it.
We changed our webstore. It's now being hosted via Big Cartel, so it has nicer cart features and things like that. If you look at it now, you'll be excited to see a new product...
Pre-orders for the new Southside Desire/ Black Diet split 7" are coming soon. We're offering two versions of the pre-order. Local pick-up, so you can claim your record in advance and not have to pay shipping on it, and the standard shipped version so it comes right to your house. We're waiting for test pressings to come from United Record Pressing, and then the pre-orders will go live. Plan for a July 21st Release Party.
The new record will have the following songs:
Southside Desire: Casualty of Love / Better
Black Diet: You Did it to Yourself / Slow it Down
The forward thinkers at Piñata are already planning ahead to PIN-004. I'm extremely excited about this. More details to follow, but let's just say it's a 7" by the absolute best underground power-pop band in the Twin Cities. No date yet, but feel free to guess who the mystery band is (that's a clue).
I would also be remiss if I failed to post this:
There's a lot of shows coming up soon. They're all in Minneapolis unless specified otherwise. For more information, check out any of these bands' Facebook pages or send us an e-mail.
- May 25: Southside Desire and Black Diet are playing back to back at the Memory Lanes Block Party on Saturday May 25, along with a lot of other great bands. It's free and all ages.
- May 31: Narco States and Hevy Syrup, The Goondas and San Dimas at Hell's Kitchen. This will be one of the last loud awesome rock shows at Hell's Kitchen, so get on board. 10 pm, 21+, $5.
- June 1: Black Diet plays in the back alley of the really good thrift store Lost & Found at 2524 Nicollet. It's a big bill, including famous rapper Toki Wright and the very stylish Breakfast Anytime. $10 advance/ $15 day of show.
- June 15: Narco States and Southside Desire are playing at the Triple Rock with Violent Shifters and Pennyroyal. 9 pm, 21+, probably a $5 cover.
- June 16: Southside Desire plays at Stone Arch Bridge Festival at 2:05 PM, right between sets by great Minneapolis bands The Ericksons and Van Stee. What a way to spend Father's Day, hmm?
- June 28: Southside Desire at the Uptown Pride Block Party! This is going to be a great party. With L'Assassins, Chastity Brown, and Sick of Sarah. SSD play around 5:30 so head over after work. It's at Bryant Ave and Lake St.
- July 6: Black Diet with Tickle Torture and Psymum at 331 Club. Crazy, naked, sweaty.
- July 6: Southside Desire with L'Assassins at Lee's Liquor Lounge. Apparently, this will be a tiki party. Dress accordingly if you plan to have a concordant amount of fun! There will be a cover, but I don't know what. Probably $5-10.